« The Real Africa : Fight The Stereotype » by Thiri Mariah Boucher
I personally love this.
Someone finally said it. People act like Africa is one big country with one race.
Coming Out Simulator 2014 - a half-true game about half-truths
Coming Out Simulator is exactly what it says it is. It’s a free-to-play conversation simulator based on/inspired by the personal story of coming out of its creator, Nicky Case.
There’s no easy answer in Coming Out Simulator, no optimal ending to be achieved if you collect the requisite amount of points. Case based the game off a pivotal moment in his own life as a teenager. And just like in real life, the moment of “coming out” in this game is traumatic no matter which way the player chooses to approach it.
Ultimately, it’s liberating as well. But that’s not what the brunt of the experience playing Coming Out Simulator is actually like. […] There’s power in exploring a fantasy like the one in Mass Effect 3, but there’s also power in being reminded that “coming out” the way one does in that game is a fantasy, and a pretty far-fetched one for many people who faced far more difficult challenges when they actually came out.
Coming Out Simulator is a game about that second experience. It’s a painful one. But it’s also a necessary one, that I think more people who’ve never had to struggle with their own sexual identity should see for themselves.
this game made me cry omfg
Dear White People Official Trailer 1 (2014) - Comedy HD
all I see is black people talking about this. white people. go see this movie. you need to see this movie.
LA, FINALS: BELISSA ESCOBEDO+RHIANNON MCGAVIN, “KNOCK KNOCK”
Listen to this.
We need this.
This is so important. This is so important. This is so important.
omg thanks morgan ok i’m gonna use this as an excuse to talk about the poem a little
1) me and belissa had been discussing the idea of this poem for two months and then one day at practice we wrote it out in like, 20 minutes (grumpy girls are a renewable resource!)
2) the original poem was six minutes long, good god (we also talked about lolita, homophobia and transphobia towards survivors, and i think we had 8 slogans total at the breakdown (renewable resource!!), also the opening was way more disgusting whoops
3) i would get belissa angry before we performed by whispering “MEXICO LOST”
4) or, similarly, “HARRY STYLES LOOKS LIKE A GOBLIN”
5) this is definitely the most fucked up poem team la brought to bnv, double whoops
6) my mom keeps sharing this video on facebook so i hope the pta enjoys it
7) i’m still kinda waiting for us to get jumped by slutwalk la organizers
8) when you do the fake vomiting 10 times in a row for practice, your abs get SUCH A WORKOUT!!
Damn this spot the difference is so hard :-/
One of them is useful, famous across the world and part of peoples every day lives.
The other one is Justin Bieber and Nash Grier
My sister in Chicago sent me this today.
It was really nice of her.
Tell her I say thanks
Tell her the entire Internet says thanks.
Tell them I say my bed is burning.
I just set my house on fire someone call them for me
Men’s back muscles are the reason why you know God exists
For those of you who don’t know a medium is a person who claims that they can sense things from the other side and talk to the dead. Now some of you may call bullshit already but I’ve done quite a few readings on books by mediums and I found it quite astounding that most talk about the same key concepts.
So things that Edgar Cayce (a medium from the late 1800’s, early 1900’s) say coordinate things with what James Van Praagh (a medium from our century) has to say.
Ofcourse this isn’t something scientifically backed up, but it makes me believe in a life after death, I don’t know about you.
Here are popular questions and the key concept behind them.
Is there a God?
- Yes, God is this pure loving energy form. It’s NOT something separate, NOT something that other people worship, but it’s all of us, it’s what we strive to be a part of. As most mediums say “we are all God”
Is there Heaven/Hell?
- The other side is a “Heaven”, it’s where there’s no unrest. There is no such thing as a hell though. People who have committed very bad deeds, don’t get punished by other forces, but their own negative vibe might punish themselves, as in all the negative thoughts and emotions will surround them and they’ll be unable to open up to the love and joy on the other side, the “heaven”. There are definitly a special type of spirit healers, sent to help them.
Can the dead hear me?
- Yes, they can hear you all the time all your thoughts/feelings, even though you might not be able to hear them. Your loved ones maybe close to you as the air that surrounds you. They are not gone, they are just at another place.
What’s the point of life and all these hardships we face in it?
- To learn and grow. It works like this: you are in this life for something, all the hardships you face is meant to help you learn from it. Souls come into the Earth to learn these lessons and when they leave the lessons they learn help them achieve a higher level of understanding. This higher level of understanding helps one become more closer to God and to become one with Him. So that terrible break-up you went through? Maybe to help you understand, independence and self-love. Souls come in and out of Earth many times (reincarnation). Each life time may help them learn a specific lesson.
Do we have soulmates?
- Yes! But not in the way you think. Soul mates don’t have to be romantic lovers, they can be best friends, brother and sister, son and father. A soulmate is someone you feel a very special connection to.
Is there such a thing as fate and destiny?
- Yeah there are things that are predetermined. Things like who you will marry, how many kids you’ll have, your career etc. However, it’s not set in stone, you have free will, and the power to change if you really wanted to.
I’m pretty sure you have plenty of more questions but that’s the main ones I got as of now. I recommend books by James Van Praagh or Concetta Bertoldi, basically go to the “New Age” section in your local library.
Maybe I’ll make another post, if this enlightened anyone at all. Feel free to send me any more questions you may have.
Well… this was interesting as fuck
Here are some more
Is there a devil?
- Yes! There’s bad as there is good. There are those creatures who haven’t seen the light, who are too afraid of the love and joy, because they fear rejection, they fear being punished, they don’t know that the other side and god loves all and accepts all. There are things of pure evil, but I think there’s more good than bad in the world.
What happens to those who commit suicide?
- Those who commit suicide, have troubled themselves because remember how you are supposed to come into this life to learn something new and take that with you? They’ve cut themselves off from this, and they’ve caused others much grief, and may have ruined others life plans (maybe they were supposed to be someone else’s wife or husband, and now that wife/husband can’t learn their lesson). They won’t go to hell, like I said before their own negative thoughts will hurt them. God/the other side, will always love them and are willing to accept them with open arms, they just have to learn to forgive themselves first. They maybe stuck in a limbo position, until that stage.
What about abortions/miscarriages?
- From what I’ve read usually things like that are pre-determined. If a baby is supposed to be here for a short time, the soul of that baby usually already knows. James Van Praagh describes says sometimes some souls, can learn the lesson they were supposed to in the womb. What that lesson is, I have no idea.
Not only is this fascinating but it’s also comforting.
I simply like these thoughts. I could believe these things. They make sense to me, and align with my previous beliefs. I hope I am close to happier days of purpose and clarity.
I never expected so many of you to enjoy this, but I’m really glad you did :)
- THE UP SERIES: It follows the lives of 14 children through their lives interviewing them every seven years. It’s amazing to see how they change and where they go. It shows that personality traits do not tend to be very static. Being introverted at 18 doesn’t determine how you’ll be at 32. A girl on there around 20 was totally against having a family and was very cynical about relationships and marriage. Next interview, she was happily wed with children. I link you to 7 UP, which is the first documentary in the series.
- QUEEN OF VERSAILLES:If you have any interest in the SUPER RICH of America and how absolutely delusional they can be, then this documentary will blow your mind. It’s a great window into the lives of people who literally have everything a person could need. Even when they loose everything, they’re entirely incapable of believing that they’re a normal citizen.
- THE ACT OF KILLING: One review describes it as: “This is the most gut-wrenching film I’ve ever seen. It actually makes you understand the nature and true face of evil, and it’s terrifying because it’s so, so normal. After watching it you know that in some other life, you could be him.”
- BABIES: It shows the different ways, different cultures raise their children. It shows how different but similar we all are at the end. They documentary follows 4 different babies, from Mongalia, to Tokyo, to Namibia and then the U.S
- INSIDE NORTH KOREA: An eye-opening film that shows you the truth about a hidden country
- TOUCHING THE VOID: A documentary about two mountain climbers who have an accident on their way back. As one review described it: “Better than any fictional suspense film. Just unreal. You know throughout that the two climbers lived because you’re sitting there watching them narrate, but at times you just can’t believe it.”
- THE COVE: A 2009 documentary film that analyzes and questions dolphin hunting practices in Japan. One review described it as “an impeccably crafted, suspenseful expose of the covert slaughter of dolphins in Japan.”
- THIS IS WHAT WINNING LOOKS LIKE: The documentary follows U.S. Marines as they train Afghan security forces, showing their ineptitude, drug abuse, sexual misconduct, and corruption as well as the reduced role of US Marines due to the troop withdrawal.
- BBC PLANET EARTH (All 11 Episodes): An HD exploration of our world. You’ll just love everything about this, trust me.
- JESUS CAMP: About a Christian summer camp, where children spend their summers being taught that they have “prophetic gifts” and can “take back America for Christ”. This documentary led to the shut down of this summer camp.
You may also like 10 Disturbing Documentaries
Feel free to add to this list!